Friday, January 7, 2011

Journey is coming home!

Tonight, a very special little puppy will move into her forever home, Journey. We are very excited.

OK, let's get serious...I am very nervous. It will be like having another child. Mentally, I was preparing myself for this to happen around the beginning of March. Because she has exceeded all of the trainer’s expectations, it seems she is ready now. Am I?? I guess we will see.

We have had her for two nights, at which point, I was on edge. "Where's Journey?" "She better not be peeing in the house." "Is she eating something?" "No, don't let her chew on that!" And the list goes on. I know, I know, we are not the first people to get a puppy as my husband kindly reminded me. She has been with her trainer for the past month and a half. She is basically house broken. When she does get a hold of the boys’ toys, one simple no is all she needs and she leaves it alone, except for Bennett's cars, which she seems to be a fan of. They have something in common :) I know I should relax, it’s just hard.

Tonight, Journey will begin to bond with Bennett. I know that will make all of my negative thoughts disappear. It will all be worth it and then some.

Come on this journey with us. Enjoy the ride! I know we will!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, if you only knew how perfect your family is for Journey. You will do more than fine and you have terrific support in family and friends. I very much look forward to watching and helping you all grow through this very exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your raising 2 fine boys I'm sure you can handle 1 puppy :)

    ReplyDelete